Shary, Buzz and Nancy enjoying the game - Photo by Don Schultz
We want to help introduce you to this fun game and incorporate you into our club. We realize how intimidating it can be to just show up at our doubles daily drop in play from 8:00 - 10:00. That is why we put together this website to provide information you can use to get started as well as to improve your game. If you want to come down to the courts in the morning then head over to Court 4 which is geared toward more social play and is for beginners. We are in the process of developing a stronger support system for beginning players which will include more classes and practice sessions. You can believe us when we say we want you to join us in the fun!
If you have never played before:
- Plan to attend a Beginning Pickleball Class (you can borrow one of our paddles). Contact John Strother #511 or Roger Harrison #227 to schedule.
- To get the most from your first Beginning Pickleball Class please take the time to read through the information on "Getting Ready to Play" and "Starting a Game". Watching some of the short videos will help as well.
- It would also be helpful for you to begin to learn the "Basic Rules".
- Finally please contact us at email@example.com to get on our contact list so we can keep you informed.
- You have a paddle (or you plan to borrow one of ours)
- You have some familiarity with the basic rules of the game
- You know what the court looks like
- You know what the Non Volley Zone (AKA the “Kitchen”) is
- You know how to tell if the ball is "in" or "out"
- You know where to stand
- You know what the ready position is
- You know how to keep score
- You know how to serve the ball
- You know how to return a serve
- You know how to practice these two shots
- You know about getting up to the Kitchen line
- You know about drop shots
- You know about dinking
- You know who takes the middle
- You know about poaching
We look forward to having you join us!
Participants in the December 2015 Jojoba Hills Pickleball Tournament - Photo by Don Schultz